Sunday, May 03, 2015

Introduction to the Ladies Bible Study

I hope you all are having a peaceful day.

This Sunday, I will be introducing our Bible study so that we may all have time to gather the needed materials and ready our hearts and minds for the upcoming studies.

I have mentioned before that we will be studying our way through Proverbs 31. The book I have chosen to use as reference and for lessons is Bible Study for Busy Moms. It is intended to be a 30 day study, but since we are all very busy and I'd like for us to take our time in this, we will be doing this over 30 weeks instead.



This Bible study offers lessons for both Mama and children and will take about 20 minutes to complete. You can do these in one day or over a series of days or even repeat the same reading and lesson a few times during the week.

I will be using our family copy of the KJV and posting verses from there. However, if you are using an online copy of the Bible, the book suggests Blue Letter Bible. You may, of course, use any version you are most comfortable with :)



This week, take the time to think about and gather the following:

Gather:
1. Paper or Journal
2. Pens
3. Colored Pencils
4. Preferred Bible
5. Access to the Internet (be it your phone, laptop, family computer, whichever. If you do not use the internet regularly or would prefer not to use it for your study you will need: a concordance, a topical Bible, a Bible commentary, and two or more translations of the Bible)


Once you have all these items, find something to store them in so you can easily find and move them as needed.

Think about:
1. Where do you want to (or can you) do your study?
2. When do you want to do your study?



Lastly, take a moment to pray that God will open your heart and mind this week to what He would have you learn. It is not my intention to be your teacher, I am sharing my study with you and my thoughts as well as what God is teaching me based on my current life. I encourage you to take the time to journal about these things as well.



This week, before we begin this study, I'd like all of us to spend some time thinking about who this "virtuous woman" truly was? How does this apply to us where we are right now (at the start of this journey)? What do we hope to learn? To achieve? Write these questions, and your answers and comments down in a place you will be able to remember and keep them. When we finish this study, we will revisit these questions to wrap up.



Have a blessed day ladies,

Audrey

Picture credits are from my mother's art books/database and the final picture is from LittleCozyHouse.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm coming to the study late, but needing this. Thank you for pulling everything together, it looks lovely. A good friend shared your blog with me and hopefully we'll be working through the weeks together. Checkins are always great!

    Looking forward to the weeks ahead!

    ReplyDelete