Friday, May 08, 2015

Man Cave Week Two Intro Post: Godly Action

Greetings once again, gents!

Another week has come and gone, and now it is time to begin preparing for the challenges of the coming. I hope the focus on developing the Attitude of a Godly Man of the previous week has helped you in your walk in life with God.

For this coming week, the challenge will be on developing proper Godly Action as befits a Real Man. Action for men is typically defined in the context of society or a social group. But what does the Bible say?

“For do I now persuade men or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.” - Galatians 1:10

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” – Romans 12:2

The meaning of this is fairly straightforward when applied to being a Godly Man: conform yourself to God’s expectations and not Man’s.

Over the coming week we should pray and ask ourselves about who’s expectations we’re trying to meet. Do I attempt to please God in my daily actions or the people I’m surrounded by? Am I a good reflection of Christ in my behavior? What actions does God want of me?

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.


-Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment