Monday, October 26, 2015

My Cleaning Schedule

When I was a very little girl, I was often asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I would very matter of factly tell whomever asked:

"A ballerina princess mermaid mommy"

It often got a laugh but as I grew, my desire to be a mother never changed.

I loved children and I loved the work that came with them.

Then, I discovered Martha Stewart.

I would pour over her magazines and books. Carefully cut out pictures and articles to save in my dream binder.

I still have much of it today and I still hope someday to be as organized as she.


Inspired by this, here is my cleaning schedule:

Daily
One load of laundry (washed, dried, put away)
One load of dishes (washed and put away)
Wipe counter tops in the kitchen and used bathrooms (we have 4 so I only clean the ones we really use)
Wipe out the sinks in kitchen and used bathrooms
Sweep the mudroom and kitchen (our cats litter is in our mudroom)
Gather trash and take out to the garage
Pick up toys and items laying out (I have a basket I collect the random items in to return to their proper homes)

This is the minimum of what I do to keep my home functioning. In the evenings, I try to prepare for te coming day as much as I can by collecting the laundry together etc.

I also aim to tidy two zones a day if I can.

Monday: Entry areas, laundry room and halls
Tuesday: Living room and play room
Wednesday: Kitchen and Guest suite
Thursday: Master Bedroom and Office
Friday: Dining and Children's rooms
Saturday: Bathrooms, Closets and car

The goal with tidying these spaces is to put items back where they belong, do a quick dust and vacuum and keep the rooms fresh.

Deep cleaning each of the above zones takes me about a week. It may take me longer, I don't push myself to finish in a certain time frame and I don't deep clean a room if it doesn't really need it.

A deep clean includes the following:

Moving furniture to vacuum underneath
Wiping walls, doors baseboards and switchplates
Cleaning light fixtures
Cleaning windows
Shampooing rugs
Washing all linens
Decluttering
Cleaning and polishing furniture
Checking to make sure all electronics are working
Replacing bulbs or anything else that may needs to be replaced

Seasonally I check
Lint traps
Clean the dishwasher, fridge, stove, washer and dryer
Fire alarms
Gutters
Garage doors
Exterior of the house
Drains

I hope this helps!

Blessings,

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment