Monday, October 26, 2015

Preparing for Christmas Cleaning Challenge: Kitchens


This week I'm working in my kitchen ladies and I hope you will join me.

This room really is my trouble spot. It turns into a war zone every evening. I'm sure many of you can relate!


But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'
Matthew 4:4

Expect this room to take more time and energy. Try to plan to have some time to yourself to do your sorting.

Start by first washing anything that is dirty, get all your dishes clean and have a clean surface to sort on.

Then sort out trash, donations, keep in the kitchen and go to another room items.

Immediately move trash and donations out of the home.

Wipe down your cabinets and maybe lay some pretty paper down before putting dishes away.



As you put items away, match lids to storage devices and check for broken items. You can make note of these in the notebook from the previous week's challenges so you can keep an eye out for replacements.

Be mindful of how you use your kitchen and how you want it to feel. This is a room of fellowship so maybe have some favorite hymns playing while you clean and spend some time chatting with God.

As you finish up, make note of any organizing items that may be helpful in your notebook and any decor you want to look out for. Remember, look for these at thrift stores and on sale with coupons. Don't over stretch yourself by paying full price. Your home is where you live, not a place to compete with other homemakers.

I hope to see your before pictures in the group and after pictures on Saturday!

Blessings

Audrey  


PS: These pictures were taken after I did one load of dishes and started to clean some this weekend. I stopped and took pictures for this challenge. Prior to this, every inch of my counter was covered in dirty dishes and empty containers. It's a crazy life moms live!

No comments:

Post a Comment