Saturday, October 31, 2015

Where is Our Attitude the Moment Our Feet Hit the Floor?

There is a meme making the rounds on Facebook that says:


Have you ever stopped to really think about what this means though?

Often we read these and even repost them thinking they are "deep" or "clever" but giving little thought to the actual message.

What kind of women would the Devil actually fear?


It is easy to point to Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 and say "There! That is the kind of woman we should be!"

It is equally easy to say "I could NEVER be that perfect!"

Stop.

Take a step back.

Let's start at the very beginning.

God is concerned with our heart.

I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings
Jeremiah 17:10 

Our hearts, what we are committed to, will direct our thoughts and actions.

So ladies, what do our attitudes say we are committed to?

Do our attitudes say we are the Daughters of the King? Or do they say we are concerned with the world?

If someone knew nothing about us other than our attitude and conduct today, would they know we are a child of God?

Ladies, perfection is not the point. God doesn't call us to be perfect, but he does say through his son to be like him.

He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
1John 2:6

Often, we get so caught up in whether we should celebrate a holiday, wear certain clothes, or eat certain foods we miss his point: what attitude did Christ live with?

 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11 

Are we humble to God and obedient--even unto death?

I know that personally, this hits my heart deeply and often.

Do I go about my day without complaining or arguing? (Philippians 2:14)
Do I find joy in my work? (Proverbs 31)
Do I rejoice in my children? (Psalms 127:3-5)
Am I a gift to my husband? (Proverbs 31, Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 18:22)
Do I treat my sisters in Christ with love and respect? (Titus 2)
Do I conduct myself with grace and wisdom? (Proverbs 31:26)
Do I speak faithfully? (Proverbs 12:18)

Others to consider:
Do I choose to uplift my brothers and sisters in Christ, or to tear them down?
Do my words hurt or help?
Do I extend a hand when needed?
Do I joyfully work or avoid it?
Do I humbly take pride in the work given to me?
Do I celebrate all days in Christ?
Am I a good steward of what I have been given?
Am I thankful for what I have?

Ladies, do we begin our days with an attitude of gratitude and joy? Do we get out of bed thanking God for the day and eager to tackle the work to be done or do we get out of bed thinking "Oh great another day, I wonder what will go wrong today?"? 

Blessings,

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment