Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Decluttering

Oftentimes, we tell ourselves "Our home is a mess! I MUST clean this up!"

And then we never start.

Beginning to clean a home can be overwhelming, especially if you don't have a good foundation to start with.

This month I will be talking about this foundation starting with how to declutter.

It seems like such a simple concept, but if it were, we wouldn't be drowning in clutter.

This month, don't worry about cleaning your home, worry about creating good habits.

Commit that for every one item that comes into your home, three will leave.

Grab yourself a large box or basket that can live by your front door. Items for donation go in this box and as soon as it is full, away it goes!

Basic decluttering shouldn't be hard or painful. Walk into any room in your house and pick up the first 3 things you see that are either trash or not needed. Put them in your box and you are done!

Do this every day in each room and you'll find yourself feeling lighter and more organized.

In the next few weeks I'll be going into cleaning (along with what I use to clean!), deep cleaning, deep decluttering and organizing.

I hope this encourages you to get started!


Blessings,

Audrey

3 comments:

  1. I suppose it is a start, but with 2 Littles, harder to put into action. Thanks for sharing though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two little ones as well! My husband is currently overseas for work so I understand how hard it is. Aim for 3 things a day and build from there. You can do this! Please do reach out to me if you need anything <3

      Delete
  2. Our church has a blessings table. I love it! I don't think a week goes by that I don't take something. Anything we no longer need or want goes there and blesses someone else. I have seen people wearing something I donated, and I'm sure they have seen me wearing something they donated. There are also books, shoes, and household items.

    ReplyDelete