Wednesday, February 03, 2016

More On Love

Last month, I started our fruit of the month talking about Love.

God has put it on my heart to talk about this further and more in depth.

Over the weekend I watched Fireproof with my son. I was so impressed to see how this movie touched him and the lessons he took away from it.


Beyond the obvious, "fire is dangerous and scary" he, on his own, commented on how the adults were treating each other.

This is what I want to talk about ladies.

How often do we respond with emotion rather than thought?

How many of us still by into the world's definition that love is a feeling rather than a choice?

Love is not something we fall in or out of. Even God will not force us to love him:

That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
Deuteronomy 30:20


What would happen, ladies, if we chose to really love God the way he calls us to? What if we listened to how he says we should love our husbands, family, friends and neighbors? How much change could we bring about? What kind of light and influence would we be?

I hope this has given you something to think about as much as it has for me.


Blessings,

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment