Thursday, February 25, 2016

When Struggles Cause Us to Stumble

The last four weeks have been a real struggle for me.

After getting transferred, I suddenly lost all contact with my husband.

My heart aches and my mind constantly worries.

I'm constantly checking the news and touching base with other wives to see if anyone has heard anything.

Silence.

And then in the back of my mind I hear a favorite song:

In the calm of your presence
I am listening Lord
I am still
I am quiet
I am yours

His presence is calm, all I have to do is surrender and listen.

Ladies, my faith has been shaken this last year more than it ever has been in my life. I'd like to ask all of you to join me on this journey this year.

A year of getting closer to God and drawing closer to positive influences in our lives. Surrounding ourselves with loving sisters and strong brothers.

I will be the first to admit, I am a control freak---I like things clean and organized, I like having a plan and I like to know exactly what is going on.

That is not His plan though.

Will you join me in letting go and surrendering to His plan?



Blessings,

Audrey

1 comment: